National youth organizer hopeful for the New Patriotic party (NPP) Prince Kamal Gumah says the party will work hard to break the eight-year tenure jinx that has characterised Ghana’s electoral system since 1992.
• MPs have been receiving a lot of backlash following the announcement of a new loan facility for them to purchase cars
• The Finance Committee of Parliament has recommended that the practice be disallowed in the future
• GhanaWeb TV sought the reactions of the public on the matter
Members of Parliament are to benefit from a $28 million loan facility announced by the Minister of Finance, Ken Ofori-Atta.
The Africa Education Watch, an education policy research and advocacy organization working with Civil Society, Governments, and the private sector has commended the government for providing past questions to students.
The Ghana Shippers Authority (GSA) has urged state institutions to promptly clear goods in shipping containers at the Port as their inability to do so was compounding the shortage of containers globally.
Kofi Agyarko, Director, Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency and Climate at the Energy Commission has said science and engineering is no longer the preserve of the boy child considering efforts of girls in science competitions.
The General Secretary of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) has rebuked former President John Dramani Mahama and the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) over comments made in the ongoing First and Second Ladies' salary debate.
• AfricaWatch said buying past questions for students is good but the lack of transparency in the procurement process is a problem • This comes after the Education Minister said the past questions were purchased at GH¢33.
• Ghanaians are unhappy about some policies implemented by the NPP • This has rendered the party unpopular• A senior lecturer has projected defeat for the NPP in the next elections due to some reasons
A senior lecturer at the political science department of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Dr.
• The truck was traveling to Burkina Faso
• Officials are currently trying to get the truck off the road to make way for other vehicles
• Commuters are currently stranded
Reports indicate that a cargo truck traveling to Burkina Faso has skidded off the road and fallen into a ditch, causing commuters using the Accra-Kumasi Road to be currently stranded some few metres away from Nkawkaw, a suburb in the Eastern region.
• 'Illegal' homes of squatters have been demolished on Wednesday • The exercise was carried out by the Accra Metropolitan Assembly • It lasted for about 5 hours
Unauthorized structures mounted along the 'Dongo Beach', a suburb of Jamestown in Accra have been demolished.
The long standing dispute between Ghanaian retail traders and their Nigerian counterparts who have been engaged in retail trading activities in contravention of local investment laws – but allowed under ECOWAS protocols – may be about to be resolved at last.
Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare, has said the development of Ghana’s cocoa sector remains key to the country’s socio-economic advancement with significant contributions towards the enhancement of livelihoods in cocoa-growing communities.
The Presiding Member of the Asokore Mampong Municipal Assembly (AMMA), in the Ashanti Region, Matthew Amissah has called for a concerted effort by residents in the Municipality to help delist its name from the list of Assemblies tagged as violent.