A financial expert is demanding answers from the Bank of Ghana on the discrepancies between the 2021 Budget Statement presented by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu, and the Central Bank in their figures.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, on Saturday, 2nd October 2021, visited the premises of Darko Farms, the oldest private and largest poultry farm in Ghana, whose operations have been revamped by the Government’s 1-District-1-Factory initiative.
• Angel Arhin has been adjudged as best in Africa at this year inter-continental spelling bee competition
• Angel represented Ghana in Dubai after winning the inter-schools tournament in Ghana
• Arhin is a primary six pupil at the UCC Basic School
A primary six pupil of the University of Cape Coast Basic School, Angel Kwame Ankamah Arhin, has lifted the flag of Ghana high at the 2021 Intercontinental Spelling Bee competition in Dubai.
A two-day training workshop on the development of road safety mass media campaign has ended in Accra with a call on policymakers to consider road safety as a preventable public health crisis that must be addressed with a sense of urgency.
• The Kumasi International Airport will be completed in June 2022
• This was revealed after president Akufo-Addo paid a working to the site in the Ashanti region
• The scope of work include aprons, terminals and other facilites
The Kumasi International Airport is set to be completed by June next year.
• Afari-Gyan has called for an open discussion on the ongoing debate on electoral reforms
• According to him, the selection process for officials for electoral bodies worldwide differs
• The former EC boss said the matter should not be the exclusive preserve of the political parties and the EC
Former Electoral Commission boss, Kwadwo Afari Gyan, has said that although several countries require parliamentary approval for selecting members for an electoral body,
• Sammy Gyamfi has jabbed the Akufo-Addo government over the Sinohydro deal
• He described the deal as a monumental failure
• Ghana and China signed the deal in 2018
Sammy Gyamfi, a national communications officer of the National Democratic Congress, has opined that government’s involvement in signing the Sinohydro deal in a bid to enhance the country’s rail, road and bridge networks has proven to be a monumental failure.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has expressed gratitude to the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, and Asanteman for supporting the New Patriotic Party and his candidature in the 2020 presidential and parliamentary elections.