The Alliance for Social Equity and Public Accountability (ASEPA) has indicated that it intends to file a Right to Information request for the minutes of the two-man meeting that took place between Justice Jones Dotse of the Supreme Court and Attorney General Godfred Yeboah Dame days ahead of the apex court’s ruling on the AG’s review application on the same court’s prohibition of Justice Clemence Honyenuga’s hearing of the GHS271 million financial loss case involving ex-COCOBOD CEO Stephen
Amnesty International–Ghana has called on the Ghanaian parliament and the government to “immediately withdraw the proposed Promotion of Proper Human Sexual Rights and Ghanaian Family Value Bill 2021 from consideration”.
• Ghana has been saddled with huge energy sector debts
• Over 32 Power Purchase Agreements have been signed between 2011 and 2016
• The AMERI Energy deal was renegotiated by the Akufo-Addo administration
Chairperson, Mines and Energy Committee of 8th Parliament, Samuel Atta Akyea has emphasised the need for competitive bidding towards Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
• GIS have set standards for recruiting into service• A number of people have been disqualified for altering their body• According to the GIS a number of people lied when applying online
The Ghana Immigration Service [GIS] has disqualified applicants with stretch marks, tattoos and piercings on their bodies from being recruited.
• The Greater Accra Regional Minister has announced a ban on ‘aboboyaa’ from major highways
• MP for Adaklu, Kwame Agbodza says the minister has no power to institute the ban
• Henry Quartey has challenged the MP to meet him in parliament if he has issues with the ban
The Greater Accra Regional Minister, Henry Quartey has slammed the Ranking Member on Parliament’s Roads and Transport Committee, Kwame Agbodza for questioning his authority to institute a
• The Speaker of parliament is set to fight against corruption
• Alban Bagbin calls for constitutional review
• I’ll leave you behind if you won’t go with me, Speaker to parliamentarians
The Speaker of Parliament, Alban Bagbin, has vowed to change the face of politics in 2024 to ensure that politicians and lawmakers are corrupt free.
A former Presiding Member of the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly and a strong NPP activist, Abraham Boadi, has advised Chairman Wontumi to contest for another position in the party as he believes the chairman has lost his popularity for the position of a regional chairman.
The Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, Dan Botwe, has expressed worries about how private developers put up properties worth over GH¢5 million and yet leave their access roads to be constructed by the state when they do not pay the right amount of property tax.
The Member of Parliament for Madina, Francis-Xavier Kojo Sosu, has officially lodged a complaint against the Accra regional police operations commander, Isaac Kojo Asante, to the Speaker of Parliament for attempting to arrest him in line with his parliamentary duty.