The coin is down nearly 30% to $918.24 on Tuesday.
- Ethereum is trading below $1,000 on Tuesday as most of the major cryptocurrencies plummet.
- The coin is down nearly 30% to $918.24 on Tuesday.
- Many of the top cryptocurrencies saw a drop in tune with Ethereum. Bitcoin was down 22.23%. Litecoin fell about 26.02% and ripple's XRP was trading 37.72% lower.
- Many crypto markets were spooked on the news of a bill that would shut down crypto markets in South Korea is in the works. South Korean traders often are more often buyers of the currency, and the country's markets often help prop up prices.
- Bitcoin is falling toward $10,000, a major milestone the currency crossed in November.
- Watch Ethereum trade in real time on Markets Insider.