More than 100 people have been killed and rescue efforts are continuing, an official tells the BBC.
According to Afenyo-Markin, Sammy Gyamfi did not deny the fact that a state institution has lost money due to the Domestic Gold Purchase Programme.
Zion Suzuki has expressed his delight after completing his move from Parma to Aston Villa, describing the transfer as the perfect opportunity to begin his Premier League career.The 23-year-old goalkeeper also becomes the first Japanese menâ??s player to represent the club.â??Iâ??m very excited and Iâ??m very happy to be here to start my new journey,â? Suzuki told VillaTV. He believes Villaâ??s ambition and regular pursuit of trophies made the club the right destination.â??I
Ghana international Elisha Owusu has vowed to give everything for his new club, Erzurumspor FK.The Black Stars midfielder sealed his move to the newly promoted Turkish Super Lig side on Wednesday, after bidding farewell to French outfit AJ Auxerre.According to an official statement from Erzurumspor FK, Owusu has signed a two-year contract.â??Erzurumspor, continuing its transfer efforts, has signed two new players. Finally, a two-year agreement was reached with Miguel Cardoso,
Today, Wednesday, 19th August 2026, Government, acting through the GoldBod, responded at the Government Accountability Series.
Recently, Ghana’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom and Ireland, Sabah Zita Benson, said the Commission has received more than £300,000 as the second-quarter disbursement from the Scholarship Secretariat
“They seek destinations with predictable regulations, efficient institutions, reliable public services and strong legal protection - complemented by robust infrastructure, a future-ready talent pool, and unwavering macroeconomic stability”, Mr. Madjie added.
During his campaign tour of the Ahafo Region, the delegates explained that his accessibility, humility and consistent attention to the needs of Ahafo throughout his first term as General Secretary are compelling reasons the Party must maintain him in office.
Asante Kotoko head coach Eric Tinkler has revealed that the club is still looking to strengthen the squad and expects at least two more players to arrive before the start of the new season.Tinkler made the revelation after Kotoko defeated Heart of Lions 1-0 in a pre-season friendly at the University of Ghana Stadium warm-up pitch on Tuesday.The Porcupine Warriors have already undertaken a major squad overhaul following their eighth-place finish last season, with several players
Asante Kotoko head coach Eric Tinkler is counting on the clubâ??s experienced players to provide leadership and help guide emerging talents as he builds a new-look squad for the upcoming season.The Porcupine Warriors continued their pre-season preparations with a 1-0 victory over Heart of Lions at the University of Ghana Stadium warm-up pitch on Tuesday.Kotoko have significantly reshaped their squad following an eighth-place finish last season, with several established players
Asante Kotoko head coach Eric Tinkler says the club has removed the â??rotten elementâ? that contributed to disciplinary problems as he continues to reshape the squad ahead of the new season.Tinkler made the comments after the Porcupine Warriors secured a 1-0 victory over Heart of Lions in a friendly at the University of Ghana Stadium warm-up pitch on Tuesday.The victory was Kotokoâ??s second in Accra after they previously defeated Golden Warriors 2-0 in a game played
You do not extract value from the soil. You extract value through people.
Ghanaian defender David Oduro is set to leave FC Barcelona after two seasons with the clubâ??s reserve side, Barça Atlètic.According to Spanish outlet SPORT, the 19-year-old left-back is close to ending his spell in Catalonia, with several clubs showing interest in securing his services.Barcelona are prepared to sanction Oduroâ??s departure after determining that they have sufficient cover in the left-back position. The club is also expected to retain 50 percent of the
Questions remain over the appointment of Patrick Vieira as Senegal's new head coach, with the country's football federation riven by off-field issues.
Zandvoort is not returning in 2026; it is saying goodbye. Formula 1 came back to the Dutch dunes in 2021 after a 36-year absence, and the 21–23 August weekend is the final event on the current calendar after the promoter chose not to pursue another extension. The organiser bills it as the 40th Dutch Grand … The post Zandvoort’s Last Lap: Why Formula 1’s 2026 Dutch Grand Prix
ds these types of alerts in batches to customers that it believes have been either targeted or compromised with malware normally used by governments, which the company refers to as “mercenary spyware.” In the last few years, Apple says it has alerted people in more than 150 countries. The latest batch appears to have been the largest yet, … The post ‘Unprecedented’
GoldBod Chief Executive Officer, Sammy Gyamfi, has defended the performance of the Ghana Gold Board (GoldBod) following criticism of its operations and management. Speaking at tthe Government Accountability Series today at the Jubilee House, he said, no where is GoldBod accused for Bank of Ghana’s losses. He therefore challenged the Minority Leader, Alexander Afenyo-Markin to … The post Sammy
The bail application filed by lawyers for Ashanti Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Bernard Antwi Boasiako, popularly known as Chairman Wontumi, has been adjourned to October 15, 2026. The adjournment followed the failure of Chairman Wontumi and his lawyers to appear before the court when the matter was called. Deputy Attorney General, … The post Wontumi’s bail application
The National Identification Authority (NIA) has clarified that the revised fees for Ghana Card services were approved by Parliament and were not introduced or increased by the Authority on its own. The NIA, in a press release issued on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, explained that the current fees were approved under the Fees and Charges … The post NIA clarifies Ghana card fees, says
The Government of Ghana has paid GH¢10.8 billion to bondholders under the Domestic Debt Exchange Programme (DDEP). The Ministry of Finance, in a press release issued on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, indicated that GH¢10,816,840,318.26 was paid in full and in cash. According to the Ministry, the latest payment brings the total amount paid to bondholders … The post Government
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Google+
YouTube
LinkedIn
RSS